Sunday, September 23, 2007

Settling In

Things are starting to feel normal, now. The excitement of finding your way around an unfamiliar city is fading, which is ok with me -- I was getting a bit tired of always being late after getting lost. One thing I have yet to find: A decent pub. I know it's out there, but so far all I've found are cheesy mock-British/Scottish/Irish pubs full of people twice my age, and loud night clubs.

The other important thing I need to find is a good, cheap bike. Although the bus here is way better than in London, overall it still sucks. Victoria seems to be extra bike-friendly (tons of bike lanes and bike paths, and hardly any potholes), so I can't wait to try it out.For now, here are some photos of our place.



The main room




... from the other side



Bedroom




It's not a home without houseplants



The landlords are avid gardeners




Yes, that's an apple tree

Even the dog has settled in

No comments: